Cyber Security Engineer
Imagine introducing the next generation of technology to a platform in real-time.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join our Security Engineering team. This is a dynamic role where you will be working with a wide array of security technologies and applications, including the management and maintenance of the underlying infrastructure.
You will be given the opportunity to take real ownership of projects and it will be your responsibility to design, deploy and maintain new and existing applications, ensuring that all deliverables are met with key stakeholders and project management.
The firm is making exciting inroads into Open Source and Cloud technology, so there is good scope for you to gain exposure to new technologies and help implement and support these platforms.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of new security applications and infrastructure
- Carrying out improvement work, upgrades and maintenance of our existing managed applications
- Take ownership of BAU related work and ensure users/peers are kept up to date with progress through timely feedback
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors on support issues, feature requests and licensing
- Driving the company’s cloud-adoption when implementing new solutions
- Documentation of processes and procedures to a high standard
Who are we looking for?
You will be a skilled Security Analyst/Engineer with a strong track record of successfully delivering and supporting security systems throughout the entire product life cycle.
One thing you will have in common with the rest of the team is a passion to use technology, and a desire to seek new concepts and ideas to solve complicated problems.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience of designing, installing and supporting security applications at an enterprise level
- Experience of Linux and Windows Operating systems
- Strong investigative and troubleshooting skills
- A good understanding of networking technologies
- Knowledge of scripting; ideally, PowerShell, Python, and/or Bash
- Experience in any of the following security application areas will be desirable:
- Data Loss Prevention tooling
- Endpoint Protection
- Access Control System’s
- Mail Flow tooling
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines