Infrastructure Operations Analyst
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
The Infrastructure Operations team provide 2nd and 3rd line support, along with routine upgrades for the virtualisation platforms (scale-out/hyper-converged), virtual desktop infrastructure, Microsoft Exchange and multiple Active Directory domains.
The team is also responsible for assisting support the grid compute system used for research, storage platforms and a number of third party products for Source Control and File Replication.
Our environment currently consists of a significant number of machines and is growing rapidly. This includes a sizeable and growing Linux server estate, for which all virtualisation and storage platforms have to cater.
Involvement in project work with senior engineers in the team is actively encouraged as a means to gain exposure to new technologies and contribute to the wider team efforts.
Who are we looking for?
You will have broad technical IT knowledge with at least two years’ experience of Infrastructure, including the following:
- Good knowledge of most of the following:
- Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server
- VMware (VSphere/Horizon), vSAN and related technologies
- Experience deploying or working with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions, and storage platforms and industry standard backup products
- Scripting/Programming background to automate established workflows – ideally with PowerShell
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines