Imagine using industry leading technology to predict the future
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
We are developing the next generation of infrastructure that can effortlessly scale and flex. This capability allows us to adapt to the demanding needs of the business to process and analyse large and varied data sets at speed.
G-Research is going through an exciting period of growth and transforming the way we run and build platforms. The PaaS function is responsible for delivering a number of platforms ranging from Kubernetes to NoSQL distributed platforms all running on Linux.
Within the PaaS function we have a dedicated Linux Platform Engineering team responsible for engineering and operating a number of systems, whilst also providing platform build automation expertise and 3rd line Linux engineering support to the rest of the PaaS teams.
Our Linux Platform Engineering team is passionate about using the best technology, processes and frameworks. There is a big focus on applying automation, Infrastructure as Code and using CI tools and methodologies in all of our engineering work. Using Open Source tooling and best practices we are helping increase the pace of delivery.
The responsibilities of the role include:
• Maintaining and improving our platform build automatons and Linux HPC infrastructure
• Managing and supporting our traditional NFS and distributed storage architectures
• Standardise and implement modern monitoring and alerting technologies across the function by working with the SRE team
• Engineer and build a CI/Testing framework that underpins all PaaS platforms to ensure robust and consistent build and testing of code changes using GitOp and IaC principles
• Regular patching and upgrades – OS and hardware components
• Enabling automation and immutability to allow PaaS teams to be more self-sufficient
• Help ensure a seamless migration into a Hybrid Cloud model
Who are we looking for?
You will have deep technical knowledge with Linux/DevOps engineering at enterprise scale, including:
• Strong Linux Engineering/DevOps background (e.g. RedHat/CentOS/CoreOS)
• The ability to diagnose and performance tune throughout the stack, inclduing Kernel, OS, Filesystem Storage, OS Network stack
• Coding/Scripting experience (e.g. Python, Groovy, Ruby, Bash, Go)
• Strong Configuration Management/IaC experience using any of the following: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
• Writing, deploying and applying TDD techniques to IaC principles, such as Testinfra, RSpec or similar
• Experience of orchestration and provisioning tools for both Physical and Virtual Infrastructure
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines