Operations Director - Trading Platform Services
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. We use scientific techniques, big data and world-class technology to predict future movements in financial markets, and develop the platform to deploy these ideas globally.
Reporting directly to the Head of Trading Platform Services (TPS) – a member of the G-Research’s Executive Management Team (EMT) – the Operations Director will be an important addition to the TPS management team and will be responsible for ensuring day-to-day operations are being executed and managed as effectively as possible. This will involve working closely with the Head of TPS to define and deliver appropriate behaviours, metrics, reporting and management information to ensure timely and successful delivery across all parts of TPS.
A key aspect of the role will be close collaboration with the Operations Directors from the two other main business areas, to ensure that operational improvements span all areas and delivery is aligned with firm wide goals. Coordinating and influencing across teams and at all levels will be a critical part of the role.
The Operations Director will also build a strong relationship with the customer to understand their strategy and their needs and ensure the Trading Platform Services function addresses those needs and helps them execute their strategy.
Who are we looking for?
The following experience would be beneficial:
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems of work and engage with stakeholders to find efficiencies
- An understanding of the core components of a Trading Platform
- Experience of an Enterprise Risk function and its role within an organisation
- Ability to define new operating models for evolving business functions
- Demonstrable experience of relationship building across an organisation, up to board level
- Influencing change and achieving buy-in at all levels of the organisation
- Project management experience, ideally within a technology environment
- Ability to understand the detail of a project but report at a summary level
- Excellent communicator at all levels of the organisation
- Self-starter who will run with a loosely defined project and ensure timely and achievable goals are set and delivered
- Self-organisation, attention to detail and a thoroughness that ensures many concurrent tasks can be efficiently coordinated and results delivered
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines