Quantitative Analyst Internship
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
10 week summer programme (July to September 2020)
09:00-17:30 working hours
Based in Central London
Joining G-Research’s Summer Internship Programme, you will be integrated into the team and be put on the front line of analysing algorithmic behaviour down to the order placement levels. This will provide real world context to tackle a project with actual implications on algorithmic decision making and simulation performance. This hands-on experience is suitable for those wishing to gain an insight into what it is like to work with a systematic trading platform and what the pipeline looks like, from forecast generation right through to order performance.
The project will be data science driven and focused around market microstructure, using our extensive trade and market data set to test a series of hypotheses (either self-generated or provided by wider team) on a distributed computing platform. For candidates who are more engineering focused, there is also the possibility to spend time building on the existing tool set, given that it works towards your project resolution.
For the duration of the internship, you will collaborate with one of our Quantitative Analysts who will act as a mentor as you work on your independent project. You will receive structured feedback and reviews to help you to improve and develop, culminating in a final presentation of your project to senior management. Upon successful completion of the programme many interns are offered the opportunity to join us full-time upon completion of their studies.
Our Summer Internship Programme will give you an in-depth insight into our academic approach to the world of quantitative finance whilst allowing you explore the thriving city of London, as you get to know your fellow interns and colleagues through a full itinerary of fun social events.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate will, at minimum, have experience in the following areas:
• Intermediate level of programming in at least one OO language (Python/C# desirable)
• Interest in complex systems and tactical problem solving/diagnosis
• An interest in applying data science methodologies to real-world problems
• You should be in the final or penultimate year of degree in a highly technical or quantitative subject such as mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering or computer science
• We also like to see active Git Hub/Kaggle profiles (but these aren’t a prerequisite)
Previous experience in finance is not required, although an interest in finance and the motivation to rapidly learn more is a prerequisite for working here.
Why should you apply?
• Highly competitive compensation plus accommodation allowance
• G-Research community with weekly intern activities
• Company wide summer party and weekend away
• Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
• Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines