Software Engineer (CI/CD)
Imagine writing the code at the core of your company’s success.
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
The Realtime Quant Platform Group has a multi-layered build, test and release pipeline as part of the software delivery process. This role involves taking responsibility for improving the day to day development experience and helping us hit our high-level goals of greatly increasing our delivery capabilities.
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Build and maintain tooling for the CI/CD systems that we rely on to build and test our production software
- Monitor the software delivery pipeline, working with other CI specialists to handle any issues as they arise
- Take ownership of the pipeline by identifying areas for improvement, both delivering automated enhancements and championing best practices across the group
- Design and create solutions which will improve monitoring, reliability, performance, and scalability
- Discover new methods that can be implemented to streamline the system and make it easier to maintain
- Seek out and understand new technologies which can play a key role in the future direction of the system, so that we can continue to expand the group and increase our development velocity
- Give feedback to steer the work of our main engineering tooling and infrastructure teams
- Proactively collaborate across multiple teams in the organisation to ensure that our requirements are captured and met by tooling provided by other teams
Who are we looking for?
The role has a large impact on the efficiency of the Realtime Quant Platform Group. We’re looking for an inquisitive developer who has a genuine interest in software development, automation and DevOps.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with high-level languages like C#, Java, or C++, as well as a solid understanding of software engineering practices
- Experience with modern software engineering techniques related to CI/CD, ideally with platforms such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity
- An organised way of working, with the ability to consider multiple issues in parallel and prioritise them appropriately
- Confidence to quickly learn and understand a new platform from an operational perspective
- Ability to query data stores such as SQL Server, TSDB and ELK
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines