G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Reporting into the Security Business Partner for Engineering, this role is within the Security Advisory function. Duties will involve primarily working with the first line of defence, embedded with different Engineering teams on a temporary or semi-permanent basis depending on the business need to provide security consultancy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing detailed technical design advice on relevant projects, long-term where required
- Assessing the security of in-house and third party applications, services, infrastructure, and processes
- Making technical security recommendations to improve the security of new or existing applications, services, infrastructure, and processes
- Identifying key points that will require auditing to ensure future compliance with internal policy/standards or that are indicators of compromise
- Assisting developers and systems administrators in designing and evaluating secure solutions
- Supporting the first line in making appropriate risk management decisions
- Reviewing mitigating actions when a design cannot meet security requirements and performing an impact assessment
- Undertaking more thorough threat modelling when required
- Escalating to the Security Business Partner and/or Head of Security any decisions falling outside of the relevant risk appetite of the board
- Recognising how security processes can be improved to make G-Research more efficient
- Continuing to develop a framework to allow an agile and consistent approach to security assessment and design
In addition, the role will continuously engage the first line to embed the three lines of defence approach to security. This will include supporting on the development of standards and processes as well as ensuring that key decision makers feel empowered to make risk management decisions.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a capable and hands-on contributor. You must be both experienced and enthusiastic about your area of expertise and have a track record of excellence. A subset of the following skills and experience is required:
- Deep cloud security architecture knowledge and experience (preferably AWS)
- Demonstrable experience of cloud security technical leadership
- Experience of threat modelling applications, services and infrastructure
- Practical experience implementing/assessing risk against company standards
- Practical experience reviewing engineering designs and enhancing security solutions against company standards
- Experience of delivering secure designs or security architecture of large projects
- Knowledge and a demonstrable passion for information and technical security and its technologies
- Demonstrable leadership ability in taking a central role within the team
- An interest in and desire for focusing on team and personnel-related matters as opposed to focusing solely on isolated challenges
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate both upwards and downwards within the team through a variety of media
- Sufficiently confident about security to make quick but justified decisions
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply