Software Engineer - C++
G-Research is Europe's leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Low Latency Engineering Group is responsible for a low-latency trading system that is a critical part of a global investment platform. The group includes teams responsible for market-data, order-entry and order-execution functions.
The group has many years of experience in building low-latency software and is taking its first steps in exploring how FPGAs can be applied to trading systems. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to work with the hardware engineers to build a FPGA-based trading system.
The software component of the FPGA trading platform is vital in parameterising, monitoring and controlling the hardware. There is also a great deal of software involved in testing the FPGA strategy, simulating its behaviour and integrating it with the rest of the trading platform.
The FPGA team in the LLE group is currently very small, which means you'll be able to get in early and help build our first FPGA-based trading system. It also means you'll need to be flexible and able to work across the entire system including software, scripting and the Continuous Delivery pipeline.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing FPGA control software in C++
- Developing the test framework for the FPGA in C++ and Python
- Building Continuous Delivery pipelines for all components
- Building trading support services in C# (.NET core) and Python
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and capable engineer who is able to solve real-world problems in both C++ and C#. They will be able to work flexibly and pro-actively and be able to make complex systems work and to debug them when they don't.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong C++ and C# development skills
- Strong system analysis and debugging skills
- Some knowledge of scripting in a language like Python or Perl
- Flexibility – a willingness to apply your skills to whatever problems and technologies present themselves
- Effective communication skills with both technical and non-technical people
- Financial experience is useful but not required
- Experience of working with FPGAs (on the hardware or software side) is a bonus, but not required
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply