Platform Engineer (C++)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest engineers in the world to tackle some of the biggest problems in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Epsilon team is part of the Low Latency Engineering Group at G-Research. We are a group of software engineers responsible for providing a low-latency order entry platform that places significant numbers of orders via every major stock exchange in the world.
Our software runs in a high-performance Linux environment and is a critical part of our global investment platform. The main order entry system is written in modern C++ (currently C++20) and our post processing pipeline in written in C#.
We are looking for an enthusiastic software engineer to help us expand our platform. You will work on performance-critical systems that deal with a wide range of protocols and asset types. We are constantly improving our systems by making use of advances in technologies, languages and open-source software.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing, implementing and improving our order entry platform using C++ and C#
- Working across the full project lifecycle: including design, development, test, release and bug fixes
- Ensuring code is performance tested and optimised to meet our latency targets
- Gathering feedback and implementing improvements for our operations teams
- Some out of hours support (rota is 3 days on ~3 weeks off)
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic software engineer able to solve real-world problems in a type-safe language. You should be able to work well as part of a software development team, as well as being possessing independent drive.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience building high-quality solutions to interesting problems (C++ or C# experience is an advantage)
- Good understanding of fundamental algorithms and data structures
- A determined and hardworking outlook, with the ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical people
- Financial experience is useful but not required. We hire people from a wide range of backgrounds outside of finance.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply