Head of HR Information Systems
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research’s HR function is in the midst of a substantial refresh of its technology landscape, moving towards a model that leverages best practice, automation and self-service. In support of this change, we are looking for an experienced HR systems professional to develop and implement a strategic roadmap across our suite of HR systems. You will be equally comfortable rolling your sleeves up and getting involved in day-to-day system changes as you will be setting strategic direction. Confidence dealing with a range of stakeholders as well as a focus on efficiency and excellent user experience are critical for this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing the strategic roadmap for all HR systems, taking ownership of all aspects related to HR systems
- Close engagement with stakeholders across HR and the wider business to gain a strong understanding of their needs and incorporating these into our systems approach
- Developing and embedding a robust HRIS governance approach to managing requests, including stakeholder engagement and approval, request prioritisation, approach to testing and roll out, and SLAs
- Leading, coaching, and developing a team of systems specialists, ensuring that their work is aligned to the team’s priorities
- Driving forward programmes to optimise our HR systems, with a particular focus on Workday
- Continually seeking opportunities to enhance user experience
- Developing and maintaining key operational relationships with other system leads across the business to align HR’s system strategy, as well as enhancing and introducing new system integrations
- Ensuring that the HR system architecture is fully documented and compliant with G-Research security requirements
- Driving effective governance, decision-making and change management with respect to both HR and downstream business systems and processes
- Ensuring system changes are implemented effectively by engaging users in the development of changes and prioritising effective communications, training, and engagement as part of rolling these out
- Ensuring that system information is accurate through quality assurance checks, root cause analysis, and remediation of any data issues
- Owning the relationship with system vendors, working with them to ensure service quality and value
- Robust approach to upgrades and release management, including impact assessment, testing, and roll out, as well as communications, engagement and training
- Developing key performance indicators to demonstrate HRIS’s value
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 10+ years actively working with HR technology and systems, including core HR, benefits, absence, recruitment, and payroll solutions, as well as development of strategic roadmaps
- 5+ years’ Workday administration, as well as formal certification/training in Workday methodologies and practices
- Experience with team management
- Expertise in HR data governance and best practice, with experience designing and integrating HR systems into downstream business solutions
- Comfort with challenging the status-quo and advocating for new ways of working, using evidence-based methodologies
- Strong stakeholder management skills and comfort with supporting employees at all levels of the organisation
What do you get?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply