G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role sits within our Data and Process Architecture team, which partners closely with Finance Operations and Financial Planning and Analysis.
Using advanced data analytics techniques, we have a number of key responsibilities. These include designing and integrating custom built or third party finance systems; optimising operational processes; implementing a robust control environment; and developing data manipulation and visualisation infrastructure to facilitate real-time financial reporting.
This position offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure across both the operational and commercial aspects of a Finance function within a business at the cutting edge of quantitative financial research.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Designing and implementing processes to optimise and automate existing operational tasks
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of data manipulation and visualisation infrastructure to aid financial reporting
- Assisting in the development and implementation of ongoing system integrations
- Ad-hoc data manipulation and analysis tasks upon request from the business or wider Finance teams
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent academics with a minimum 2:1 grade or similar from a leading university
- An understanding of accounting/financial concepts with a relevant accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- Approximately 3-5 years’ relevant work experience
- Strong ability to extract, manipulate and understand data
- Ability to work autonomously, managing own time and workload independently
- High degree of integrity and ability to be trusted with privileged access to sensitive data
The following skills are not required, but would be beneficial:
- Experience with Alteryx and Tableau (or similar data manipulation and visualisation) tools
- Experience of independently driving data collection and automation with insight of the challenges involved
- Experience of working within a software or IT engineering business or division
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to five stations and six tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply