Software Commercial Manager
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research has gone through an exciting period of growth that’s transformed the way we run and build our technology platforms, along with the supporting functions to enable this transformation to take place. We now have a great opportunity for an experienced Software Commercial Manager to come on board and help continue maturing our Commercial Management function.
You will be vital in supporting the Software Category Manager in providing a high level of service to the business. We are always working hard to innovate and improve and are looking for someone who is able to work on their own, as well as with the team to ensure this high level of service is maintained.
Key responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Leading and negotiating new software license agreements and handling software purchases and renewals
- Identifying cost savings and cost avoidance opportunities
- Challenging the status quo, infusing new ideas and innovation
- Executing both short-term (tactical) and long term (strategic) plans
- Leading negotiations with tier 1 vendors (Microsoft, VMWare, RedHat, etc)
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 5 -10 years’ experience in IT commercial management with a preference towards software
- Understanding of legal and finance aspects of commercial transactions, in order to assess and influence deal structure
- Excellent strategic thinker with analytical and financial modelling skills
- Strong understanding of software products and IT services including offering structures, different business models, product positioning, technology, and market trends
- Strong problem-solving ability and practical experience in delivering complex solutions in a fast-moving business landscape
- Highly articulate and effective communicator who can convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner at all levels of the organisation
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced business environment
- Experience working in a small, high impact team with the ability to take on all tasks within the procurement and asset management process
- Understanding of software licensing rules and metrics, particularly for tier 1 vendors
- Experience in software licence compliance reporting and optimisation of licences
- Ability to review and comment on agreements from a commercial perspective whilst working closely with our legal team
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply