Technical Support Analyst - Tier 2
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a Technical Support Analyst to work within our Corporate IT function. This is more than a support role; all members of the team have an agreed amount of time to spend on project work and training. From day one, the successful candidate will be dealing with a large range of technologies and will take responsibility for looking after our systems and responding to alerts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Customer service – engaging with stakeholders, working through tickets, handling support calls and emails (overflow from first line team)
- Technical escalation path for the first line team and trainees
- Lead varying technical projects from planning through to completion
- Mobile device management – InTune/AzureAD/Blackberry UEM
- Monitoring of our vast and complex infrastructure estate - Orion/Rivermuse/Solarwinds
- Active Directory, DNS & Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 administration
- VMware ESX virtual infrastructure support – vSphere/Horizon/Orchestrator
- Okta – Admin/Verify (2FA)/Single Sign On (SSO)
- Meraki networking – namely managing/supporting the in-office wireless infrastructure
- Cisco WebEx estate – general administration and support of related software/hardware
- Desktop and server software upgrades, deployments and patching
- Server and workstation hardware, diagnostics and repair
- Backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plans – BackupExec/Veeam
- Utilising PowerShell to perform, streamline and automate various administrative tasks
- Continual Service Improvement initiatives – actively contributing to our Confluence knowledge base and seeking out opportunities to enhance the services we provide
- Remote support for satellite offices
- Out of hours on-call rotation
This is a hands-on technical role with great opportunity for development into a specialist IT Systems role. The successful candidate will work closely alongside senior team members who will be able to help with advice, troubleshooting, training and project work.
There are excellent future opportunities to work with senior systems administrators in our many specialist sub-teams.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following traits and experience:
- Bright with a drive, energy and a passion for technology
- 3+ years of previous experience in a similar technical role
- ITIL knowledge/certification is preferred
- Strong PowerShell and other command line experience is highly desirable
- A strong academic background with a 2:1 degree or better and strong grades at A-levels or BTEC
- A motivation to use technology, new concepts and new ideas to solve complicated problems
- Initiative/self-sufficiency – be given a complex or unfamiliar issue and use the tools around you to find the answer/solution yourself
- Timekeeping/ability to prioritise effectively – when faced with multiple issues that are all deemed as work “blockers”, a successful candidate must be able to accurately assess which items are the most business critical and action/escalate/delegate accordingly
- Desire to grow your career at G-Research, either by pursuing a position of technical seniority on the Technical Support team, management, or into an internal third-line role
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply