Security Risk Lead
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a Security Risk Manager to join our Enterprise Risk function. This team is responsible for providing and embedding the risk framework and associated policies, setting appropriate risk appetite, and ensuring that risks go through a comprehensive risk management process.
Reporting to the Enterprise Risk Lead, this role will be responsible for:
- Issuing and formalising the security risk management approach, for all types of security risks with the 1LoD
- Providing clear security risk guidance on the firm’s security mandate, where appropriate
- Issuing 2LoD security reporting independently to the board on the security risk profile, utilising all data available and conveying clear next steps with the 1LoD as appropriate
- Leading a team of specialists to assess key system or business changes independently for security risk in a planned programme of assurance
- Leading and proactively engaging with the 1LoD in risk governance forums to challenge and advance the maturity of security risk across the firm
- Ensuring the current security risk platform has key data feeds and the method of risk assessment and calculation is fit for purpose
- Ensuring that the quality of data held in the security risk system is maintained to a high standard to actively reflect the risk profile. Ensuring that key users are versed in the use of the system
- Building good working relationships with teams across the business to ensure that risk owners are clear on their responsibilities and accountabilities
- Building and maintaining a broad understanding of the company's technologies, processes, information flows, people and their assosiated security threats and vulnerabilities
- Challenging the existing security risk profile
Who are we looking for?
The Enterprise Risk team are looking for an experienced candidate with a balanced knowledge of security, risk and infrastructure skills. This role will focus on maturing the security risk management agenda and engaging in a clear 3LoD model.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least seven years’ experience in a security risk management role in a fintech, hedge fund or technology company
- Knowledge and proficiency in information security frameworks such as ISO 27000 or NIST
- Experience of security risk management software and associated tools
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative roles for calculating security risk
- Drive and intensity, with the ability to think outside of the box and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of working
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to report and present across the organisational layers
- Enthusiasm and drive for learning and developing new skills and knowledge
- Clear and detailed knowledge of working with the Three Lines of Defence operating model
- 2:1 or above from a top university
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply