IT Transformation Risk Specialist (12 month FTC)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an IT Transformation Risk Specialist to report into our Enterprise Risk leader, who is responsible for providing second line oversight to G-Research. This function also provides guidance on the risk framework and risk reporting, and ensures that risks go through a comprehensive risk management process including the oversight of the control environment.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing project management capability to three key initiatives within the Risk function
- Providing transparent and clear updates on effort, progress, quality and cost to the project/programme management functions
- Ensuring that governance, details of key minutes and commitments are noted and tracked internally and externally on these initiatives
- Coordinating a team of specialists
- Problem solving with a range of teams to support the resolution of problems or blockers and driving a culture of improvement
- Building an excellent working knowledge of the technical set-up and change oversight responsibilities and accountabilities
- Preparing and delivering updates to steering committees and senior management on the accurate state of initiatives and projects within the second line of defence
Who are we looking for?
The Enterprise Risk team are looking for highly competent change professional who is a risk capable candidate with a balanced knowledge of technology, risk and change.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least five years’ experience in change/project management and risk within a fintech, hedge fund, FS or technology company or comparable industry
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
- Knowledge and proficiency in risk management in 2Lod or 3Lod
- A good comprehensive knowledge of change management within a highly technical environment
- Drive and intensity and the ability to think outside of the box
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to report and present across organisational layers
- Clear and detailed knowledge of working with the Three Lines of Defence operating model.
- 2:1 or above from a top university
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply