G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Our Business Analytics team is responsible for providing the business with data and insight to inform key decisions. Data is at the heart of G-Research and we see the ability to embed data analytics into the fabric of daily management as a core driver of competitive advantage for the firm.
The Business Analytics team operates a world-class information platform, using Tableau, Alteryx and other tools to create a suite of dynamic and readily available reports for internal clients, from technical and operational teams to senior management. These reports draw on a wide variety of data, including qualitative, unstructured, and Big Data platforms.
The team is looking for an exceptional Business Analyst to join them to provide analytical expertise to our Engineering function. Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with large data sets to develop reports and insights to improve performance, drive efficiencies and mitigate risks
- Engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Sharing and developing insights while embracing and discovering new technologies
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- At least 3 years’ experience in business analytics or similar
- Highly proficient at creating end-to-end reporting solutions, including ETL process design and build, data cleansing and error checking, analysis, data visualisation, and report design
- Experience working with a breadth of stakeholders and managing their requirements
- Aptitude in Tableau, Alteryx, SQL and Python highly beneficial
- Strong academic record in a technical field
- Interest in new technologies
- Innovative mindset with a desire to improve every aspect of how we work continuously
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply