Senior Hardware Category Manager
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research has gone through an exciting period of growth, transforming both our technology and our key support functions. We now have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Hardware Category Manager to come on board and continue developing the maturity of our Commercial Management function.
You will be vital in working alongside the Head of Commercial Management to provide a high level of service to the business. We are always working hard to innovate and improve and are looking for someone who is able to work on their own, as well as with their own team of four to ensure this high level of service is maintained across the business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for leading and continuing to develop the Hardware Category function within the Commercial Management team
- Negotiating new hardware, network/comms contracts and renewals, and managing global datacentre and H/W lease agreements
- Undertaking end-to-end H/W asset management
- Working with our partners and stakeholders to ensure the latest leading-edge H/W is reviewed, procured and delivered to very tight timescales
- Identify cost savings and cost avoidance opportunities
- Bringing new ideas and innovation to our work
- Maximising relationships with our tier one vendors
- Executing short-term (tactical) and long-term (strategic) plans
- Managing the end-to-end user experience of procuring all hardware and associated services
- Leading negotiations with our tier 1 vendors (e.g. HPE, NVidia, VAST, Cisco, Arista, Dell, Digital Realty, Equinix, Fixnetix, Global Exchanges, IPC, Colt)
- Working with our employees as we roll out self-service procurement on our new MediusBuy P2P platform, including the management of internal and punch-out catalogues
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a senior IT commercial management position, undertaking significant-sized H/W deals
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of legal and finance aspects of commercial transactions, in order to assess and influence deal structure
- Excellent strategic thinker with analytical and financial deal modelling skills
- Strong understanding of IT H/W procurement, different business models, product positioning, technology, and market trends
- Strong problem-solving ability, and practical experience in delivering complex solutions in a fast-moving business landscape
- Highly articulate and effective communicator who can convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner at all levels of the organisation
- Capable and effective commercial negotiator
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced business environment
- Experience working in a small, high-impact team with the ability to take on all tasks within the procurement and asset management process
- Ability to review, draft and comment on agreements from a commercial perspective whilst working closely with our legal team
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply