Estate Security Officer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an Estate Security Officer to join our professional Security Team. You will be part of our night shift, working 19:00-7:00 on a four days on, four days off rota.
The Security team play in key role in the day-to-day running of G-Research and you will be joining the company at an exciting time, with our workforce and estate expanding. As a department we collaborate with all sectors of the business and we are looking for someone who is able to strike the right balance of friendliness and professionalism with work colleagues. You will be the first face seen by all entering our premises so a high level of professionalism and service is a must at all times.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Dealing with staff and visitors in a professional and courteous manner
- Monitoring and patrolling the our London office locations, ensuring alarms are set and unset as and when required
- Assisting the Security Operations Centre (SOC) with monitoring our global assets and escalating critical alerts in a timely manner
- Contractor supervision and escorts in sensitive areas
- Incident response and escalation
- CCTV investigations
- Identifying and escalating any health and safety matters
- Completing reports, log book entries and all relevant paperwork to a high standard
- Maintaining good housekeeping of all security areas
- Ensuring that all company policies and procedures are adhered to
- Supporting with overtime on occasion
- Providing a precise and clear handover to the day team
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- CCTV SIA licensed professional (at least 3 years’ experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other programs
- Committed to providing a first-class customer service experience
- Considers the opinions and circumstances of others
- Has strong work ethics, honesty and integrity
- A proactive individual with the ability to use their own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- High level of professionalism
- Flexible attitude towards work
- Reliable, with excellent time keeping
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to five stations and six tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply