Senior Vendor Manager
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research has gone through an exciting period of growth, transforming both our technology and our key support functions. We now have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Vendor Manager to come on board and develop a Vendor Management function within our Commercial Management team.
You will play a vital role alongside the Head of Commercial Management in providing a high level of service to the business and acting as their deputy when required. You will also support the Category Managers within the Commercial Team, providing them with relevant data and analysis.
As the Commercial Team continues to evolve and the use of vendors and spend under management grows across the business, you will play a key role in ensuring that we have vendor governance, vendor on-boarding, spend analysis and compliance under good control.
The role will be quite broad and you may also be asked to get involved in the support of new procurement deals/projects as required.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the Head of Commercial Management in the running of the team and acting as their deputy when required
- Designing, implementing and managing a vendor governance framework
- Managing vendor on-boarding and the annual review of key vendor documents in alignment with our policies
- Consolidating vendors and getting more from our key vendors, including developing forward-thinking vendor procurement strategies
- Managing and developing dashboard(s) of key management information across Commercial Management
- Working with the business on annual roadmaps, understanding future project pipelines and requirements and co-ordinating with Category Managers to ensure we have the right resources available at the right time
- Contract management and reporting
- Ensuring procurement policies are adhered to and reporting on exceptions in alignment with our Policy and Compliance team
- Looking at ways we can continuously improve and develop our level of service, supporting on-going procurement automation to reduce the effort on low-value activities
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in IT commercial management, able to lead a commercial team as required
- An established commercial management background in a fast-paced business environment, where priorities, goals and objectives can be very fluid
- Experience working in a small, high-impact team with the ability to take on tasks across the Commercial Management function
- Previous experience setting up a strategic vendor management framework
- Excellent strategic thinker with good analytical and financial deal modelling skills; previous use of Tableau very desirable as this is our core reporting platform
- Strong understanding of procurement, different business models, product positioning, technology, and market trends
- Problem-solving ability, and practical experience in delivering complex solutions in a fast-moving business landscape
- Ability to review, draft and comment on agreements from a commercial perspective whilst working closely with our legal team
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply