University Relationship Manager
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research has long worked closely with select academic institutions. As we have continued to grow and sought to attract the best talent from around the world, this area of the business has taken on even more importance. We are therefore looking for a University Relationship Manager to expand and develop our engagement with academic communities within fields relevant to the firm, such as machine learning, quantitative finance and mathematics.
The University Relationship Manager will use their business development skills to identify and partner with student networks across Europe; build mutually beneficial relationships with academic groups, generating warm leads for our Talent Acquisition team; and develop a detailed understanding of what marks out top talent across different geographies and fields.
You will partner with Marketing and Talent Acquisition to develop and execute a strategy to ensure the G-Research brand is recognised and attractive to a diverse range of prospective quantitative researchers.
The role will be heavily research-oriented, with an emphasis on identifying the most prestigious prizes, scholarships, conferences and academic achievements at a regional level.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Expanding our academic partnering strategy; building new relationships and identifying target institutions and groups
- Understanding what we must do to support relevant departments and research groups across Europe in a scalable manner
- Proactively driving academic outreach daily, building bespoke campaigns, with a business development mind-set
- Regularly analysing activity to determine effectiveness at driving warm recruitment leads
- Enhancing current partnerships and engagements, working closely with G-Research’s Academic Liaison Officer
- Building ever-evolving, comprehensive maps of the European academic landscape
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A strong academic record in a relevant numerate subject; preferably to Masters or PhD level
- Knowledge of STEM academic systems
- At least three years of business development experience
- Ability to work well with ambiguity
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate our value proposition to our partners
- An adaptable and flexible attitude
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast and rapidly moving environment
- Ability to travel regularly
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply