Quant Platform Security Software Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are seeking a first-class developer with security experience or an interest in security to join our Quant Platform Engineering Group. In this role you will focus on using your passion for security to support and engage with teams across the business.
The Quant Platform Security Team works on securing our most sensitive IP across its entire lifecycle, from inception through to production. We are engineers within the Quant Platform group, providing security expertise and strategic thinking to support the work of the other Quant Platform teams.
As a Security Software Engineer in Quant Platform you will:
- Work closely with researchers and engineers to oversee the secure deployment of new ideas within the research and production environment
- Proactively improve the security of our platforms, from ad-hoc targeted fixes to re-architecting components
- Work with other security teams across the business to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the Quant Platform application ecosystem
- Train and guide other members of Quant Platform to improve their secure development practices
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent academics, such as a 2.1 or better in Computer Science (or similar) from a top university, or as an alternative substantial and highly impressive professional experience
- Be an intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer who has relevant experience in software engineering
- Have a keen interest in security, enjoy looking for flaws in our systems and finding ways to fix them
- Appreciation of good architecture and engineering best practices
- Be capable of handling multiple stakeholders, have excellent multitasking skills, and be able to prioritise competing workloads
- Have confidence to experiment with new ideas and technologies
- Be able to understand complex systems quickly and to improve processes proactively
- Have strong communication skills
The following would be beneficial but not essential:
- Previous experience of secure development, threat modelling, DevSecOps, or application security
- Experience coding in C# and Python
- Previous experience of process automation, CI/CD, and Kubernetes deployment
- Experience or interest in finance
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply