HR Placement Year
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is proud to employ some of the best people in their field and is keen to nurture their talent in a supportive and exciting working environment. Our HR team is central to ensuring that this happens at all stages of the employee lifecycle.
Throughout this internship you will be given the opportunity to learn and immerse yourself in what it means to be a good HR professional across two-to-three key HR and talent functions with unique responsibilities. These include:
Our Talent Development team is responsible for driving talent management and leadership development strategies, tools, and processes to meet our current and future business needs. In your time with Talent Development you will:
- Help with programme and project delivery
- Be exposed to organisational development, performance management, appraisals, succession planning and learning and development
- Assist in content creation and the facilitation of training
Our Change Management function is responsible for technological developments, governing systems, process design and much more. If you join this function you will:
- Learn how HR changes with new technology
- Leverage systems to advance HR
- Create systems for policies and procedures within G-Research
We hire highly-talented technical individuals to work on leading-edge systems. Our Talent Acquisition team are responsible for sourcing these people, using a wide range of methods including proactive headhunting and organisingindustry-leading events. During your time with the Talent Acquisition team you will:
- Use different sourcing tools to find niche talent in a variety of markets
- Work with our Talent Insights team to complete market mapping exercises
- Support our Employer Branding team in developing awareness among our target market
- Ensure an exceptional candidate experience for all who interact with G-Research
- Become an expert in recruitment processes and how to improve these
The Core HR function is an umbrella term that covers the functions of our HR department, the core data captured about employees, and the software used to manage our core HR processes. Within this team you will:
- Be involved in the management of the employee lifecycle here at G-Research
- Assist in the management and planning of our on-boarding procedures
- Work hands on with our cyclical processes, including benefits renewals, pensions, and systems implementation
- Work with experts to fine tune our policies and procedure
- Interact with employees and stakeholders to solve problems
Data is at the heart of what we do at G-Research and the HR Analytics team provides data and insight so that we can make evidence-based decisions about our people. In your time with HR Analytics, you will:
- Gain exposure to analytical tools and techniques
- Learn how to robustly interrogate data to make decisions and recommendations
- Use Tableau to visualise data and create dashboards
- Put your experience to the test to solve real business problems using data
- Understand how the work and processes done by the wider analytics teams supports other areas of the business
Who are we looking for?
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong interest in Human Resources. They will also:
- Be studying a Sandwich Year degree in a transferable subject (e.g. Social Sciences, Business Studies, Organisational Psychology, etc.)
- Be highly organised, motivated and eager to learn
- Have strong grades at either A-levels or BTEC
Why should you apply?
- Competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday pro-rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Please note: While we are accepting applications we may not be in touch until October, with interviews starting in November. Additionally, we are only able to progress with candidates enrolled on a sandwich degree with a graduation date in 2024.
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply