G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
As part of our drive to be the best at what we do, it is crucial that we understand trends in our industry. We have myriad sources of data and seek to structure, store and report on this insight in a coherent manner. AsG-Research’s market and talent intelligence Data Engineer, you will own the development of a schema for this data and build an intelligence “product” from which we can extract detailed reports for our senior management and key stakeholders.
Once the product is built, the role can develop to match your interests, whether that is working on similar data engineering projects across the firm, or take a leading role in building our deeper market talent intelligence analysis and presentation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with individuals responsible for generating intelligence, helping them to structure, present and store their insights
- Building data-driven reports that answer the “big questions” on our competitive landscape
- Building a powerful database of insight on our competitors that can be accessed and utilised by business leaders
- Generating briefings, presentations, and other project materials
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven data engineering capabilities: proficient using SQL, experience of extracting data using APIs, and can build good data models to store data
- Knowledge of and/or experience within the quant finance industry
- A curious mind and a desire to solve business problems
- A consultative approach, particularly an ability to collaborate with the business to translate data into a full story
- A sense of urgency, able to adapt quickly to changing priorities, managing time, tasks and deadlines effectively
- The ability to self-motivate; a natural drive to generate the maximum value from a broad mandate
- Experience of managing diverse stakeholders and keeping them abreast of progress
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply