Market and Talent Intelligence Specialist
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Joining our Talent team, you will work closely with Talent Acquisition (TA) & Business Insights Services (BIS) to build G-Research’s intelligence on competitor business and talent strategies. You will partner with individuals responsible for generating intelligence, analysing quantitative and qualitative data to build a narrative for our leaders.
You will collate and analyse data and insights from a range of sources, such as business relationships, industry data feeds, industry reports, press releases, people analytics and online articles/forums to build a clear narrative of both the broader competitive landscape and specific competitor’s corporate and talent strategies.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with individuals responsible for generating intelligence, helping them to structure, present and store their insights
- Chairing the “Market Insights Forum” where business leadership can request information and our latest intelligence is disseminated on a regular cadence
- Building data-driven reports that answer the “big questions” in our competitive landscape
- Building a powerful database of insight on our competitors that can be accessed utilised by business leaders
- Generating briefings, presentations, and other project materials
There will be three assessment stages:
- Stage I: Interviews with Talent Acquisition & Business Insight Services leadership
- Stage II: Research project on a question of our choice followed by presentation to a panel of stakeholders.
- Stage III: Interview with members of our Executive Management Team (EMT)
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- Proven data engineering capabilities: proficient using SQL, experience of extracting data using APIs, and can build good data models to store data
- Knowledge of and/or experience within the quant finance industry
- A curious mind and a desire to solve business problems
- A consultative approach, particularly an ability to collaborate with the business to translate data into a full story
- A sense of urgency, able to adapt quickly to changing priorities, managing time, tasks and deadlines effectively
- The ability to self-motivate; a natural drive to generate the maximum value from a broad mandate
- Experience of managing diverse stakeholders and keeping them abreast of progress
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply