Security Support Specialist Placement Year
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for a student studying a security-related technology degree to complete their year in industry placement by joining our Technical Support team as a Security Support Specialist.
We are looking for an individual who can provide advice and guidance on the application and operation of security controls within an established finance and technology business. Key to the role will be understanding the implications of your and the company’s actions, performing vulnerability assessments, security risk analysis and thinking about the business impact risk of requests. The team is the first line of defence in security changes that take place and therefore sits in the epicentre of security at the company.
The successful candidate will be a part of a team that deals with a large range of technologies in a fast-paced environment spread across multiple sites, primarily based in London.
Some of the key technologies and responsibilities associated with the role include:
- Key BAU security management functions
- Active Directory, machine access changes and other various authorisation controls
- Email perimeter appliances
- Password manager software
- Multiple security control applications
- Creating and maintaining the Security Awareness Campaign
- Investigating security alerts
- Supporting ongoing investigations with the SOC where applicable
- First line alerting for the SOC team
- Creating, using and updating scripts, in particular with PowerShell, to automate daily tasks
- Predominantly Windows, with some Linux systems and support
Who are we looking for?
This role requires a candidate with energy, drive and a passion for customer success who is passionate about working in a technically advanced workplace. You will operate across the company and interact with multiple teams, providing successful candidates with in-depth experience across a breadth of areas.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong academic grades at A-Level or BTEC (UCAS points 300 and above)
- Currently studying for a security-related technology degree and on track towards obtaining a 2:1 or above
- A keen interest and passion for cyber security, with a broad knowledge and understanding of various security technology-related risks
- Practical experience reviewing and delivering key security requirements
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Experience of Windows 10 desktop, PowerShell, Networking, JIRA Service Desk, Confluence Wiki
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Please note, due to our desire to convert the top of our intern cohort into our graduate programme we are only able to consider applications from those graduating in 2024.
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply