Business Analytics Internship
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the growing field of data analytics while making a real contribution to the quality of decision making in a market-leading company.
Data is at the heart of our business. The ability to use the information available to us to drive management decisions is a key form of competitive advantage for G-Research, making our data analytics team a key business function.
The Business Insight team operates a world-class business information platform using Tableau, Alteryx and other tools to create a set of dynamic reports used by individuals across the firm, from individual teams to senior management.
In this role you will:
- Use analytical skills and business acumen to source, analyse and visualise a wide range of data
- Meet with a diverse range of stakeholders to scope requirements
- Use a range of analytical and statistical techniques to answer questions using data
- Present findings and recommendations based on your analysis
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would be a strong undergraduate or master’s student in a numerical subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Engineering etc.) in their penultimate year of study at a top tier institution, who:
- Is enthusiastic about data visualisation and can demonstrate interest in data/statistical analysis
- Has excellent problem-solving ability
- Has good communication skills and is able to work effectively as part of a team
- Has a self-starting attitude and willingness to learn
- Ideally has some experience with Python, Matlab, Excel, R, Tableau, Alteryx or similar languages/applications (beneficial, not required)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- 25 days holiday pro-rata
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
This internship is available for 3 months from July 2022 - September 2022. Please note, due to our desire to convert the top of our intern cohort into our graduate programme we are only able to consider applications from those graduating in 2023.
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply