Corporate Communications Placement
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research’s Corporate Communications team, made up of Marketing and Internal Communications, is responsible for attracting and engaging employees through creative content and compelling messaging. We are looking for a proactive student bursting with ideas to join us as part of their university placement year. The internship will commence in July 2022.
This year-long placement will give you the opportunity to experience and contribute to a busy, ambitious comms team within a high-tech, growing quant finance business. You will be involved with an array of different activities, including assisting with major external events, video production, content posting, internal podcasts, and company-wide newsletters. You will also contribute to the smooth running of the team and develop an understanding of what it takes to deliver communications for a thousand-strong organisation.
Some of the areas you will be working on will include:
- Supporting external content posting (including blogs and job adverts)
- Social media monitoring
- Presentation creation and design (e.g. PowerPoint, Prezi)
- Sourcing and liaising with suppliers to deliver and replenish marketing materials (e.g. branded hoodies, office posters)
- Assistance with executing surveys, events and projects
- Supporting the management of intranet content and pages
- Working with our Communications Coordinator to assist with essential administrative tasks
- General day-to-day ad hoc duties, including managing requests from the business
You will gain exposure to a leading finance business at an exciting point of growth and development, offering hands-on experience which will provide a great basis for your early career.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and organised individual with an interest in a career in marketing and/or internal communications.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Studying towards their degree and looking for a placement year as part of their studies
- On track for a 2.1 or above
- First-class organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Problem-solving mind-set
- Experienced using software such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Quick learner who is comfortable with change
- Interest in finance
Why should you apply?
- Competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday pro-rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Please note: While we are accepting applications we may not be in touch until October, with interviews starting in November. Additionally, we are only able to progress with candidates enrolled on a sandwich degree with a graduation date in 2024.
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply