Compliance Placement Year
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an ambitious student to join our Information Security Compliance team. As part of your placement year, you will provide support and security compliance expertise to the business. The role primarily involves responding to security compliance demands and supporting the design, implementation and rollout of security controls across the company.
This hands-on position provides an excellent learning experience for placement students who wish to launch their career in the field of information security. You will be collaborating with senior team members who will be on hand to assist with troubleshooting and provide guidance and mentorship. G-Research invests heavily in IT and security systems and therefore there will be plenty of opportunities to develop an in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
• Monitoring compliance with security policies and standards
• Contributing to and updating security policies, standards and procedures
• Running daily security compliance operational tasks
• Providing assistance to security compliance team members
• Raising security compliance awareness through planned activities
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have a real interest in information security compliance and IT infrastructure in general, with a demonstrable aptitude for applying theoretical computing concepts to solve real problems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for technology and information security
- Ability to write scripts in Python and/or Powershell
- Excellent written, verbal communication and Excel skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and developing new skills
- A predicted grade of a 2:1 or above in a computer-focused degree with a sandwich year (graduation date 2024)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply