Security Assessment Specialist
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a Security Assessment Specialist to join a growing team responsible for conducting penetration tests and vulnerability assessments against our internal systems and security controls. You will working directly with the business to demonstrate how repeated assessment/testing and remediation work can help improve our overall security posture.
Reporting to the Security Assessment Manager, this role will be responsible for:
- Conducting technical penetration tests against a broad range of technologies, including Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins and Ansible
- Supporting Control Owners by providing effectiveness measures against controls over time
- Supporting Business and Application Owners in determining the effectiveness and assurance of security within their functional area(s)
- Supporting Compliance and Risk teams by providing technical know-how/consulting and assessment of controls, systems, and policy configuration
- Maintaining a good working relationship with business analytics teams to provide consumer facing metrics/trending dashboards
- Providing support and mentoring for less experienced team members
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience within a technical role covering a variety of network security technologies, applications and appliances
- A strong background of penetration testing and vulnerability assessment/management, including remediation and mitigation advice
- Experience of validating the effectiveness of a security control through manual and automated means
- Some knowledge and experience of creating, adjusting and re-working standardised configuration of devices
- Security certification e.g. CRT, OSCP, OSCE (OSCP minimum)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply