Infrastructure Technology Placement Year
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We have placement opportunities available in both our Corporate Infrastructure and End Point Infrastructure teams. Each of these teams look after vital aspects of our IT Infrastructure, providing fantastic exposure to a major quantitative finance company’s infrastructure and technology.
Depending on your sub-team responsibilities may include:
- Providing application and infrastructure support for all of the third party applications and infrastructure technologies managed by the team
- Opportunity to work on and drive your own projects, giving you the opportunity to take real ownership of your work
- Conducting improvement work, upgrades and maintenance of our existing managed estate
Who are we looking for?
To be eligible for this role, you must be studying a sandwich degree. It will suit someone who has a real interest in IT and an aptitude for applying computing concepts and their skills to solve real problems. Additionally, applicants should be:
- Studying a technology degree (Computer Science, Computer Systems, Security or Networks) and on track towards obtaining a 2:1 or above
- Highly organised and motivated
- Willing to learn with a positive, can-do attitude
- Experienced in customer service, with a strong technical and methodical approach to any given task
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Please note: We are only able to progress with candidates enrolled on a sandwich degree with a graduation date in 2024.
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply