HR Business Partner - Engineering
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to join our expanding team. The HR Business Partner (HRBP) will act as a trusted advisor to multiple functional areas within the Engineering division that are experiencing a high level of growth and change, accelerating business performance through people and organisational initiatives designed to attract, engage, retain and develop talent.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Partner with leaders to understand their business objectives – and leverage your experience and creativity to develop a strategic people plan that is aligned to those objectives
- Build trusted advisor relationships across Engineering, providing consultative, strategic, and tactical guidance to support organisational and development initiatives
- Coach, guide and mentor mangers and senior leaders in their leadership function and responsibilities
- Partner with the Talent Development team to design and implement solutions related to talent development, retention, team building, learning & development, organisational change and design
- Provide direction on core HR elements, such as employee relations and performance management, as well as other initiatives
- Collaborate with the G-Research HR team to deliver initiatives and projects with broader organisational reach
- Stay abreast of new developments in HR strategies and practices and proactively share your experience and knowledge with the HR team
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced HR professional who brings a positive mindset, thrives on solving difficult business problems and is able to adapt quickly to an ever-evolving area of the business.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- At least seven years of HR generalist experience, with working knowledge across HR disciplines - including talent management, employee relations, workforce planning and compensation
- Evidence-based approach to problem-solving; thoughtful approach that demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Proven experience building strong business partnerships and fostering relationships with employees and other stakeholders
- A client-support orientation and mindset – with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation
- Experience coaching and advising leaders and managers, ideally within a technology/engineering environment
- Well-developed commercial awareness
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to anticipate future trends, analyse business requirements and translate them into innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Experience working in an extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment; ability to prioritise and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply