HR Business Partner – Platform Engineering
Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an HR Business Partner (HRBP) to join our expanding team. The HRBP will act as a trusted advisor to multiple functional areas within a changing and growing Engineering division at G-Research.
You will accelerate business performance through people and organisational initiatives designed to attract, engage, retain and develop talent.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with leaders to understand their business objectives – and leveraging your experience and creativity to develop a strategic people plan that is aligned to those objectives
- Building trusted advisor relationships across Engineering, providing consultative, strategic, and tactical guidance to support organisational and development initiatives
- Coaching, guiding and mentoring managers and senior leaders in their leadership function and responsibilities
- Partnering with the Talent Development team to design and implement solutions related to talent development, retention, team building, learning & development, organisational change and design
- Providing direction on core HR elements, such as employee relations and performance management, as well as other initiatives
- Collaborating with the G-Research HR team to deliver initiatives and projects with broader organisational reach
- Staying abreast of new developments in HR strategies and practices and proactively sharing your experience and knowledge with the HR team
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced HR professional who brings a positive mind-set, thrives on solving difficult business problems and is able to adapt quickly to an ever-evolving area of the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 7 years of HR generalist experience, with working knowledge of HR disciplines - including talent management employee relations, workforce planning and compensation
- An evidence-based approach to problem-solving; a thoughtful approach that demonstrates good judgement and strong decision-making skills
- Proven experience building strong business partnerships and fostering relationships with employees and other stakeholders
- A client-support orientation and mind-set – with the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Experience coaching and advising leaders and managers, ideally within a technology/engineering environment
- Well-developed commercial awareness
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to anticipate future trends, analyse business requirements and translate them into innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Experience working in an extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment; ability to prioritise and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply