Network and Security Operations Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is seeking a Network and Security Operations Analyst to join the Network and Security Operations team to help support the infrastructure vital to the company’s exciting future plans.
The company has a strong Infrastructure as Code philosophy and will continue to introduce the next generations of applications and distributed platforms into the business to ensure we continue being the best.
The Network and Security Operations team is responsible for G-Research’s global network and network security infrastructure covering office/data centre/colocation sites, ensuring the company can operate to the best of its abilities. You will play a vital role in allowing the team to continue providing our high standard of service to the business. We are always working hard to improve and are looking for the best team members to learn from and to bring in new ideas.
In addition to the primary focus of monitoring and support tasks, the team is also a critical part of many high-profile company projects. Team members are frequently responsible for delivering/implementing technical designs across the estate that have been developed by the Network Engineering team.
The role will focuses on the day-to-day support/troubleshooting of the network and security infrastructure and covers the following main areas:
- Monitoring the health of the network and security infrastructure, usinging an assortment of monitoring and analysis tools
- Investigating hardware/software problems with devices and working with the manufacturers' support teams to resolve
- Testing and troubleshooting network connectivity with third parties
- Completing BAU tickets for various technologies (F5, Check Point, Fortinet, Bluecoat, Cisco, Arista, etc.)
- Performing firewall and proxy policy changes
- Delivery tasks such as hardware refresh work, expansion/upgrade projects etc…
- Using Ansible and YAML files to update and push out changes to the network
As well as working alongside the Network Engineering team the role requires close interaction with the Infrastructure, Data Centre and other Operations teams, providing a broad exposure to a variety of enterprise products and technologies.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A good understanding of enterprise network technologies/protocols
- CCNP level qualification (or working towards this) to demonstrate knowledge of switching and routing concepts and familiarity with configuring and operating switches and routers
- Experience working within a network team or network operations centre providing support and general network monitoring and management
- Experience of completing project work (e.g. hardware refresh, installation of approved designs etc.)
- Knowledge of security infrastructure and concepts. Any previous experience with configuring/managing/monitoring security infrastructure is highly desired and can be shown with qualifications such as Check Point Certified Admin (CCSA), F5 certifications, and Bluecoat certifications etc
- Network automation/scripting skills to a basic level (the team uses Ansible extensively)
- Strong problem solving skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply