Technical Support Analyst - Tier 1
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The successful candidate will be working across our Corporate IT division as a crucial member of the Technical Support group. The role will involve troubleshooting, advising and providing great customer service to a range of stakeholders, including senior staff.
This is primarily a first line support/operations role where you will be working alongside a mentor and experienced members of the team, enabling you to learn rapidly and contribute effectively to the business.
The successful candidate will be a part of a supporting team that deals with a large range of technologies in a fast-paced environment. This role will span multiple sites, primary based in London.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Active Directory, machine access changes and other various authorisation controls
- Mobile Device Management - enrolling users on corporate mobile devices or BYOD profiles
- Creating, using and updating scripts, in particular with PowerShell to automate daily tasks
- Predominantly Windows, with some Linux systems and support
- Windows administration
- IT troubleshooting skills
- Networking fundamentals - troubleshooting connectivity issues on workstations and servers
- Enterprise architecture – troubleshooting user mailboxes, setting up public folders, creating/updating distribution groups and security groups
Who are we looking for?
This role will suit someone with a passion for customer service with a strong technical and methodical approach to any given task. They will have a real interest in IT and an aptitude for applying computing concepts and their skills to solve real problems.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- At least one year’s experience of IT Support
- Strong grades at either A-levels or BTEC
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Security, Networks or related
- Strong organisation skills
- Highly motivated and willing to learn
- A positive attitude and excellent problem solving skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply