Infrastructure Compute and Storage Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We’re looking for an Engineer to join the Infrastructure Compute and Storage team. This team is responsible for the storage and grid compute systems used by our research function, made up of thousands of compute nodes backed by multi-PB mixed storage platforms. This estate presents complex scaling challenges as it continues to grow.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the rest of the team of nine who are managing and upgrading the current infrastructure
- Support-focused work, triaging an inbound queue of requests/queries/logged issues, but also working directly with Senior Engineers to assist with their project work
- Using Jira and Confluence to detail changes made and update system documentation
- Infrequent weekend work, supporting maintenance and upgrades
Over a timescale of a few years, it is anticipated that the role evolves to that of Senior Engineer and a move to project work over support. This is consistent with the path taken by the other Engineers in the team.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll need to be self-driven, hardworking and demonstrate strong problem solving skills, along with the technical experience needed to build high-performance, resilient solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Windows and/or Linux administration
- PowerShell and/or Python
- Operating hardware at scale (e.g. HP ProLiant/OneView/Primera, Dell EMC ECS/ISILON or similar)
It would be an advantage to have experience with Git/Ansible/AWX. We’re interested in these technologies because our environment is principally driven from code.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply