Technical Support Manager
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about excellent customer service, continued service improvements and root cause analysis to join our Technical Support team. The successful candidate will ensure that the team’s drive for greater automation and robust processes are being met. They will be responsible for implementing KPIs, SLAs and reporting results to management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a team that deals with a large range of technologies in a fast-paced environment, covering areas such as:
- Monitoring complex in-house systems
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange management
- Cisco Webex video conferencing estate
- Cisco Meraki wireless infrastructure
- End user desktop support - in particular, IDE support (Rider, Visual Sudio, InteliJ)
- Server and workstation hardware, diagnostics and repair
- Software packaging, upgrades, deployments and troubleshooting
- Creating, using and updating scripts, in particular with PowerShell to automate daily tasks
Who are we looking for?
This role requires a candidate with energy, drive and a passion for customer success in a technically advanced workplace.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ experience within an IT service role
- Experience of Windows 10 desktop, Windows Server 2012-2019, HPE and Dell server and workstation hardware, PowerShell, backup infrastructure
- Exposure to Linux, networking, Cisco Webex and Cisco Meraki
- Major desktop and development applications such as Microsoft Office, Visual Studio and Rider
- Experience in managing a team (beneficial but not essential)
Why should you apply?
- Competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday pro-rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply