Risk Management Placement Year
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The successful candidate will join our Enterprise Risk team. The role primarily involves supporting the team as they work with the business to move risks through the risk management lifecycle.
This hands-on position provides an excellent learning experience for summer interns, working with senior risk team members as they help all parts of the business to manage risk. G-Research is a fast-paced company with a growing risk function, which will provide you withplenty of opportunities to develop an in-depth understanding of risk management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing assistance to enterprise risk team members
- Running weekly enterprise risk operational tasks
- Reviewing and contributing to the documentation and treatment of existing risks
- Working across the organisation to identify, measure, monitor and control all aspects of risk
- Raising risk awareness and promoting a culture where effective risk management is seen as critical
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have a real interest in analysing problems, be able to make decisions and follow through to get results. Although not a risk expert, you should have an understanding of what a risk is and why managing risk is important. Team work and relationship building are key in this role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of the risk management life cycle
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to plan and organise, an eye for detail
- Enthusiasm for learning and developing new skills
- An ability to work with technology problems, commercial awareness of business impact and desire to understand the “so what”
- A predicted grade of a 2:1 or above in any undergraduate degree
Why should you apply?
- Competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday pro-rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Please note: While we are accepting applications we may not be in touch until October, with interviews starting in November. Additionally, we are only able to progress with candidates enrolled on a sandwich degree with a graduation date in 2024.
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply