G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Joining G-Research as a Policy Specialist, you will work as part of the Policy and Compliance (P&C) function. P&C is one of our second line of defence teams (the other is Risk). P&C is responsible for supporting the strategic intent of the company via the development of policy, as well as measuring, analysing and reporting on compliance with policy and other objectives.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with a policy, legal, compliance or similar background to support the company in its stellar growth. While you should have the skill to draft, consult on, and produce policy yourself, the role is expected to facilitate policy developed by the relevant subject matter experts in the business.
Reporting to the Policy and Compliance Lead, this role will be therefore be responsible for:
- Informing policy strategy – how do we achieve our goals effectively and efficiently
- Ensuring the highest standard of policy is delivered and maintained, and opportunities for improvement are identified and pursued
- Governance of our policy framework – the set of principles that governs company policy
- Leading policy working groups and aiding engagement with the rest of the business
- Facilitating the planning and writing of policy by, and in collaboration with, stakeholders
- Providing training and support to stakeholders within the first line of defence and ensuring desirable use of our policy tools
- Ensuring that policy is appropriately reviewed on the basis of elapsed time, change, or event
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- An organised and detail-oriented individual who is comfortable acting as policy advisor to the organisation
- A skilled facilitator, able to prepare and execute stakeholder debate, negotiation and arbitration
- Excellent standard of written English, accurate, brief, clear in their writing with the ability to simplify complex concepts, and balance competing priorities and interests
- Superb attention to detail
- Enjoys innovating and finding novel solutions to new or intractable problems
- A good verbal communicator with the ability to analyse and report at all levels of seniority
- Enthusiastic and quick to learn a variety of diverse and complex topics
- An interest in learning about technology, financial markets, and myriad other topics
- Ambitious outlook
It would be beneficial to have:
- Knowledge of risk and compliance concepts, including the three lines of defence model
- Familiarity with designing, operating and presenting metrics and associated analysis
- 3+ years’ experience of policy, legal, compliance or similar analysis or development
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply