Chief Business Risk Officer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Our Chief Business Risk Officer (CBRO) will lead the second line of defence at G-Research. Reporting directly into senior management, this role will be responsible for all aspects of operational risk, IT infrastructure risk, business continuity, security risk, policy and compliance and the operational safety of a systematic trading platform, including oversight of regulatory risk.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Effective governance of operational risks facing G-Research
- Continuing to enhance our enterprise-level operational risk strategy, integrating the identification, management and mitigation of risk into our multi-year roadmap
- Overseeing the risk transformation program and adoption and use of the risk management framework, including software quality and reliability assessment
- Preparing an integrated assessment model to be used to establish levels of compliance across G-Research
- Leading and developing our second line of defence capability
- Ensuring our first line of defence has adequate training to allow them to make balanced risk decisions
- Measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of line one decision making and the adherence to polices and standards
- Advising and guiding on business strategy, providing key support on business decisions, as viewed from an operational risk perspective
- Assisting the business through our multi-year growth plans in a risk aware fashion, as aligned to our risk appetite and ensuring it is well-defined and communicated business-wide
- Becoming our go-to thought-leader on operational risk matters for the business, offering insight into the latest operational risk management methods in order to form strategic and tactical recommendations for change
- Building a close relationship with our business assurance function and interfacing with board-level sponsors
- Recommending and advising on necessary remediation steps to address any control issues (either current or future), which may include process, policy, structure and cultural change
- Enhancing risk reporting in order to continue to build our transparent and accountable risk culture, as aligned with Enterprise Risk Management requirements
Who are we looking for?
A high-profile role within the firm, this position requires a high-calibre professional with strong strategic leadership, excellent stakeholder management and relationship development skills, strong technical skills and in-depth knowledge of operational risk best practice.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in operational risk, which includes demonstrable experience in a senior leadership role
- Proven track record of leading an Enterprise Risk function, at an executive level, including the development of policies, standards and on-going compliance activity to ensure the business remains within risk appetite
- Demonstrable experience of working with and managing senior leaders in order to mature a comprehensive, business-wide approach to risk management
- Ability to build on existing foundational work to define an operational risk strategy and drive its execution
- Ability to build relationships across the firm, up to board level, and achieve buy-in at all levels of the organisation
- Experience operating in a highly technical environment where rapidly evolving platforms, using the latest technology, need to be risk managed
- Facilitation skills to interface with stakeholders and drive identification of root causes and their resolutions
- Awareness of financial markets and systematic trading platforms would be advantageous
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply