Data Visualisation Analyst Intern
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This is a great opportunity to gain real experience in data visualisation on G-Research’s Business Insight Services (BIS) team.
Data is at the heart of our business. The ability to transform data into an accessible story helps to inform management decisions at G-Research, making the BIS team (and this role) a valuable part of the business.
The BIS team operates a world-class business information platform using Tableau, Alteryx and other tools to create a set of dynamic reports used by individuals across the firm, from individual teams to senior management.
In this role you will:
- Meet stakeholders to gather requirements and find the best solution to their problem
- Use data visualisation techniques to make complicated data accessible and understandable to inform decision-making
- Create intuitive charts and reports with a wide range of business data
- Deliver data in a useful and appealing way to stakeholders
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys thinking outside the box and is in their penultimate year of study.
As well as this, we are looking for candidates who:
- Are passionate about data visualisation and often find themselves thinking about better ways to visualise data visualisations they have come across
- Are numerically literate – either having A-Level Maths or having studied a Maths- or Statistics-based module as part of their college or university studies
- Have excellent problem solving abilities
- Have good communication skills and can work effectively as part of a team
- Have a self-starting attitude and a willingness to learn
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- 25 days holiday pro-rata
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
This internship will run for 3 months from July 2022 - September 2022. Please note, due to our desire to convert the top of our intern cohort into our graduate programme we are only able to consider applications from those graduating in 2023.
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply