Senior Legal Counsel (Markets)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
You will join our legal team, whose principal function is to provide comprehensive commercial legal advice to the wider business, ensuring the delivery of efficient, effective and commercially minded legal solutions.
We deal with a wide and interesting variety of legal issues arising in the context of a fast-growing, fast-paced organisation. We solve challenging legal problems every day, and this role provides an exciting opportunity to marry complex legal theory with commercial reality.
You will work alongside an experienced and motivated team which is expanding, allowing you to help shape the strategy and direction of the legal function. The role will entail providing strategic legal advice to clients in connection with trading products, market infrastructure, research and regulatory considerations at the cutting edge of quantitative financial research.
Who are we looking for?
You should have significant experience of advising on legal issues in financial markets, with the right mind-set to be able to apply those principles in practice to every day issues.
We are open to hires from industry or from a private practice background. Relevant teams within private practice could be Finance, Banking, Capital Markets, Financial Regulation or M&A.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant post-qualification experience as a solicitor/attorney/foreign equivalent
- Extensive experience in advising on, and a genuine interest in, markets-related issues
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust legal advice, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation as required, with appropriate form and style
- Excellent academics, to include a minimum 2.1 degree or equivalent
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply