Business Analyst - Engineering
G-Research is a leading quantitative research and technology company. By using the latest scientific techniques, we produce world-beating predictive research and build advanced technology to analyse the world’s data.
Our Business Analytics team is responsible for providing the business with the analytics to inform key decisions. Data is at the heart of G-Research and we see the ability to embed data analytics into the fabric of daily management as a core driver of competitive advantage for the firm. The Business Analytics team operates a world-class information platform using Tableau, Alteryx and other tools to create a suite of dynamic and highly available reports used by its internal clients, from technical and operational teams to senior management. These reports draw on a wide variety of data, including qualitative, unstructured, and Big Data platforms.
The team is looking for an exceptional Business Analyst to join them to provide analytical expertise to our Engineering function. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with large data sets to develop reports and insights to improve performance, drive efficiencies and mitigate risks.
- Engaging with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Sharing and developing insights while embracing and discovering new technologies.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have at a minimum experience in the following areas:
- At least 3 years’ experience in business analytics or similar
- Be highly proficient at creating end-to-end reporting solutions, including ETL process design and build, data cleansing and error checking, analysis and data visualisation & report design
- Experience working with a breadth of stakeholders and managing their requirements
- Aptitude in Tableau, Alteryx, SQL and Python highly beneficial
- Strong academic record in a technical field
- Interest in new technologies
- Innovative mindset with a desire to continuously improve every aspect of how we work
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Hybrid working
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 30 days holiday
- Free lunch on in-office days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events and annual weekend away
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply