Location : London
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This data analysis position is based in our Business Insights team, who are responsible for providing analysis and reporting to stakeholders using internal business and operational data. Data is at the heart of our business and we see the ability to embed data-driven insight into the fabric of daily management as a core driver of competitive advantage for the firm.
The Business Insights team operates a world-class information platform, using best-in-class tooling to provide insights to internal clients, who range from technical and operational teams to senior management.
The team is looking for an exceptional analyst to join them. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of key stakeholder relationships within an internal customer area (e.g. Finance, HR)
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand the challenges they are facing and develop a structured approach to answering their most challenging problems
- Delivering projects to produce analysis and draw out insights to improve business performance and decision making
- Production of C-Suite and Board-level reporting for the internal customer area
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in business analytics or similar
- Proven track record for independently managing analytical projects, from capturing requirements through to successful delivery and benefits realisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- High proficiency at creating end-to-end reporting solutions, including data extraction, cleaning, analysis and report building
- Strong data visualisation skills and the ability to tell a story with data
- An innovative mind-set with a desire to improve every aspect of how we work continuously
Experience with any of Tableau, SQL, Alteryx and Python is beneficial.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% company pension contributions
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply