G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Joining G-Research as a Security Compliance Specialist, you will work in the Policy and Compliance function which is responsible for providing evidence-based information about security compliance within the business.
Our Policy and Compliance function is part of Trading Platform Services and one of our Second Line of Defence teams (the other being Risk). The function is integral to the Three Lines of Defence model in place at G-Research, ensuring that management intent is accurately captured in policy and that compliance with policy is accurately measured. It is also responsible for reporting so that management understands how operations are performing.
Reporting to the Policy and Compliance Lead, this role will be responsible for:
- Undertaking compliance reviews, reporting non-compliance and root causes
- Ensuring findings are clearly traceable to applicable policies and standards in operation
- Creating dashboards/reports used for data visualisation for management
- Building good working relationships with teams across the business
- Driving compliance integration and automation of monitoring
- Helping to document, communicate and continuously improve compliance processes to increase the level and depth of coverage
- Building and maintaining a broad understanding of the company's technologies, processes, information flows, people and security threats and vulnerabilities to them
- Open mindedness and flexibility in approach to compliance of complex systems and environments
Who are we looking for?
The compliance team are looking for someone with a proven ability of delivering compliance/assurance work that results in positive changes to an organisation’s risk management environment.
You will possess the breadth of experience necessary to bring compliance assurance experience to the team and apply it in flexible ways that suits a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and IT-driven organisation.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong background in a compliance, assurance, controls testing or similar role
- Good ‘generalist’ skill set covering both technology and operational areas
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial and unregulated environment
- Ability to bring ‘bigger picture’ thinking to reviews
- An ability to think out of the box and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of thinking or working
- The ability to work effectively building good working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and drive for learning and developing new skills and knowledge
- Familiarity with the three lines of defence operating model
It would also be beneficial to have:
- Experience in policy and standards development
- Knowledge of technical assurance tools, Tableau and how to create dashboards and reports.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply