Compliance Specialist (Security)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Joining G-Research as a Compliance Specialist you will work in the Policy and Compliance function which is responsible for providing evidence based information about security compliance within the business.
Our Policy and Compliance function is part of Trading Platform Services, and one of our Second Line of Defence teams (the other being Risk). The function is integral to the Three Lines of Defence model in place at G-Research, ensuring that management intent is accurately captured in policy and that compliance with policy is accurately measured. It is also responsible for reporting so that enables management to understand how operations are performing.
Reporting to the Policy and Compliance Lead, this role will be responsible for:
- Undertaking security compliance reviews, reporting non-compliance and root causes
- Ensuring findings are clearly traceable to applicable policies and standards in operation
- Creating dashboards/reports/scripts used for data visualisation for management
- Building good working relationships with teams across the business
- Driving compliance integration and automation of monitoring
- Helping to document, communicate and continuously improve compliance processes to increase the level and depth of coverage
- Building and maintaining a broad understanding of the company's technologies, processes, information flows, people and security threats and vulnerabilities to them
- Open mindedness and flexibility in approach to compliance of complex systems and environments, including subjects outside of the security domain
Who are we looking for?
The Compliance team are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with a balance of security, analytical and technical skills. This role will focus on helping bring compliance assurance experience to the team and apply it in flexible ways that suit a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and IT-driven organisation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong experience in security compliance or a similar role
- Knowledge of information security frameworks such as ISO 27000 or NIST
- An understanding of a wide variety of technologies
- An interest in and understanding of SaaS, cloud security and monitoring
- At least a basic understanding of SQL
- The capability to build and maintain an understanding of a complex and rapidly changing IT environment
- An ability to think out of the box and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of thinking or working
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and drive for learning and developing new skills and knowledge
- Familiarity with the three lines of defence operating model
It would be beneficial to have:
- Experience in policy and standards development
- Knowledge of technical assurance tools, Tableau and how to create dashboards and reports
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company eventsCentral London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply