Compliance Specialist (Resilience and Recovery)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Joining G-Research as a Security Compliance Specialist, you will work in the Policy and Compliance function which is responsible for providing evidence-based information about security compliance within the business.
Our Policy and Compliance function is part of Trading Platform Services and one of our Second Line of Defence teams (the other being Risk). The function is integral to the Three Lines of Defence model in place at G-Research, ensuring that management intent is accurately captured in policy and that compliance with policy is accurately measured. It is also responsible for reporting so that management understands how operations are performing.
Reporting to the Policy and Compliance Lead, this role will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Operational Risk function, leading the development, delivery and assurance of resilience and recovery activities undertaken by the first line of defence
- Offering subject matter expertise in resilience and recovery – providing advice to the first line of defence as well as independently assuring their outputs
- Focusing on the ability of the business to demonstrate that their resilience and recovery planning and operations are effective
- Adapting resilience and recovery methods and techniques to suit the context and culture of the organisation
- Building good working relationships with teams across the business and building out policy maturity
- Driving resilience and recovery related compliance integration and automating monitoring wherever possible
- Being open-minded and flexible in your approach to compliance of complex systems and environments
- Creating key KPIs for dashboards/reports/scripts used for instituting change and measuring the health of the business
Who are we looking for?
The compliance team are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with a balanced knowledge of resilience and recovery, risk, compliance, analytical and technical skills. This role focuses on helping bring resilience experience to the team and apply it in flexible ways that suits a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and IT-driven organisation.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong background in resilience and recovery, or similar operational resilience roles
- An understanding of a wide variety of technologies in storage and latest thinking for resilient organisations
- Experience understanding impact of compliance, the use of scenario testing and benchmarking
- Assessment, design and implementation of governance framework specifically in this area
- An understanding of relevant operational risk requirements and frameworks, such as ISO 22301
- The capability to build and maintain an understanding of a complex and rapidly changing IT environment
- An ability to think out of the box and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of thinking or working
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and drive for learning and developing new skills and knowledge
- Familiarity with the three lines of defence operating model
It would also be beneficial to have:
- Experience in policy and standards development
- Knowledge of technical assurance tools, Tableau and how to create dashboards and reports
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply