Engineering Operations Manager
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Engineering Operations Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations for one or more of our Engineering functions, with a particular focus on increasing the efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of their strategic objectives. They will ensure that systems, services and infrastructure work reliably and securely and any operational issues are dealt with and communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
Our Engineering organisation is grouped into a number of functional areas. Each functional area is responsible for the design, implementation and operation of a set of products which fall in a coherent domain within the G-Research technology ecosystem.
As the Engineering Operations Manager, you will:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations for your respective function(s) with a particular focus on increasing the efficiency, stability and effectiveness in the delivery of their strategic objectives
- Be responsible for tracking the performance of the function(s) against agreed KPIs/OKRs on regular basis and working with stakeholders to drive improvement on an ongoing basis
- Be responsible for working with Security Partners and the Engineering leadership team to ensure the respective functions adhere to security mandates
- Be responsible for the transition of major programs into operational state, as well as process and efficiency improvements across respective function(s) (all in co-ordination with key stakeholders)
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate production of monthly, quarterly and annual functional reporting packs/metrics
- Collaborate and openly debate with the team to manage projects, solve problems, discuss challenges and learn more about critical issues as a group
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure the adherence to key operational processes such as incident management and change management
- Ensure transparent and timely reporting to stakeholders on the Engineering roadmap, major deliverables, and the operational performance of Engineering
- Manage cross-product/cross-function initiatives for Engineering, ensuring consistency in approach across functions whilst working closely with other Operations Managers/Directors
- Assist with workforce management and organisational engagement programs, such as town halls, manager meetings, and general communications
Who are we looking for?
The role holder will have demonstrable experience in IT operations management and/or technical management roles, preferably in a technology or finance organisation. The role holder will also have excellent communication and organisational skills, strong attention to detail, and enjoy handling complexity. We are a lean and agile team and look for people who thrive in this working environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years of technical/operations management experience in the technology/finance industry
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure and operations best practices within an ITIL framework
- Experience working in a Dev Ops environment
- Experience in software development areas would be beneficial
- Experience in incident, problem, change and configuration management
- Understanding of commercial aspects of IT service delivery
- Able to facilitate discussions to enable people to collaborate with each other independently
- Able to work with many simultaneous tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Able to drive significant change in a rapidly evolving organisation, with little direction and without adversely impacting day-to-day delivery
- Able to ensure accurate information maintenance at all levels despite rapid and frequent changes
- Leadership skills and a high level of credibility at senior management level
- Able to build and manage a strong network of relationships based on integrity and trust
- Must be able to demonstrate stakeholder management, communication and presentation skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply