Engineering Service Continuity Manager
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Engineering Service Continuity Manager will be accountable for defining and implementing a continuity governance framework for one of G-Research's Engineering functions in the First Line of Defence (1LoD). The role holder will focus on helping bring continuity and resilience experience to the team and apply it in flexible ways that suits a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and IT-driven organisation.
Our Engineering organisation is grouped into a number of functional areas. Each functional area is responsible for the design, implementation and operation of a set of products which fall in a coherent domain within the G-Research technology ecosystem.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Defining and implementing a continuity governance framework for the organisation from within the Engineering function in the 1LoD
- Defining and delivering a recovery and resilience testing programme to ensure continuity capabilities are proven, evidenced and standards and complied with to meet the needs of the organisation
- Ensuring continuity and resilience concepts are embedded and standards adhered to within the Engineering and Change functions; specifically when developing and implementing new services and platforms, and upgrading existing functionality
- Coordinating rehearsal and testing activities across multiple Engineering teams with input from business stakeholders
- Working with Engineering specialists to ensure appropriate technology solutions are in place to meet the recovery and resilience standards for immediate and future requirements
- Regularly reviewing environment and functions to ensure appropriate prioritisation of critical services to ensure their recovery and continuity capabilities
- Providing key metrics and regular reporting to senior stakeholders and 2LoD on continuity and resilience capabilities, compliance and status of remediation tasks
- Working closely with Operational Risk and Compliance in the 2LoD to provide data and status on risks, treatment plans, prioritisation of tasks and adherence to standards
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with continuity and resilience testing
- Strong background in continuity, resilience and recovery, or similar operational resilience roles
- An understanding of a wide variety of technologies to support continuity and resilience capabilities, and latest thinking for resilient organisations
- Experience of building out a resiliency function would be beneficial
- Assessment, design and implementation of continuity governance framework
- An understanding of continuity and resilience requirements and frameworks, such as ISO 22301
- The capability to build and maintain an understanding of a complex and rapidly changing technology environment
- An ability to think differently and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of working
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to deliver progress with limited oversight
- Enthusiasm and drive for learning and developing new skills and knowledge
- Familiarity with the three lines of defence operating model
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply