Research Business Partner - Commercial Management
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a Commercial Management Business Partner to join our expanding team. This unique position will partner with senior leaders in the Research function at G-Research.
You will report in to the Head of Commercial Management and work alongside the Research division Operations Director specifically to:
- Be a trusted partner to the Research Operations Director, acting as a link between the Commercial Management function and Research to ensure a symbiotic relationship is developed and maintained
- Become the go-to Commercial Management contact for Research, providing an ‘on the ground’ presence and supporting the division on a proactive basis
- Anticipate challenges using your professional expertise whilst identifying and solving problems in a proactive manner to ensure a positive outcome.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Developing the Research division-Commercial Management relationship in order to improve collaboration, further breaking down internal silos to facilitate a more connected way of working
- Acting as a facilitator, ensuring that the commercial value proposition is both relevant and effective for Research
- Taking part in the development of the Research roadmap(s), whilst working with the Commercial Management Business partner for Engineering and jointly translating the roadmaps into actionable work and projects for Commercial Management
- Filtering key Research priorities for Commercial Management, helping the Commercial team to prioritise the needs of both Research and Engineering and workloads by deploying resource where it is needed most
- Expediting critical needs throughout the commercial team for Research
- Challenging overlaps and inconsistencies across Engineering and Research at a commercial level
- Acting as the key Commercial Management presence at relevant Research meetings, updating the commercial team category managers as to developments within Research
- Driving faster execution (from tactical, to strategic)
- Providing input to annual planning
- Communicating with Research around commercial team updates: activities, blockers, resource requirements, etc
- Communicating progress back to Research on key Commercial activities and acting as an enabler
- Supporting Research with initial or ongoing commercial engagements where appropriate, providing first line procurement expertise, then triaging with the relevant category teams as appropriate
Please note this role will be based in our offices in Central London.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes, skills, and experience:
- 5+ years in a senior procurement category manager role within a financial services organisation or similar dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritise and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience building strong business partnerships and fostering relationships with stakeholders
- A client-support orientation and mind-set – with the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to influence both tactical and strategic activities to deliver optimum outcomes
- The ability to evaluate processes objectively and advocate for positive change
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of legal and finance aspects of commercial transactions and able to negotiate all types of indirect commercial agreements
- Ability to work closely at the right levels and with the right people across the organisation to ensure strategic objectives are achieved, by understanding the business, responding to challenges and helping shape strategies
- Strong understanding of IT procurement, different business models, product positioning, technology, relationship management and market trends
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to analyse business requirements and translate them into innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to take away and translate key pain points, distilling these into SMART goals for the Commercial function to deliver
- Experience working in a small, high impact team
- Evidence-based and data-driven approach to problem-solving that demonstrates good judgement and strong decision-making skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply