Quant Platform Research Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are seeking a first-class developer to join our Quant Platform Engineering (QPE) group. QPE has been at the core of G-Research’s profitability for over 15 years.
Our mission is to provide engineering and technical expertise to enable the business to capitalise on new opportunities and research ideas rapidly. The role is technically challenging and requires an ability to adapt to new technologies at pace, such that the firm’s existing advantage is maintained.
There are several Quant Platform Research Engineering teams working directly within the Research function in order to help them develop their research and deliver it through to production.
Areas of focus for these teams include:
- Research Pairing – Working alongside researchers to help them build new features into our cutting edge prediction capabilities
- Framework Engineering – Using our core expertise and experience to help researchers build well-engineered frameworks for the longer-term
- Productionisation – Integrating new strategies produced by our researchers into a live system, and monitoring their performance and reliability
- Research tooling – Workflow and efficiency improvements for our quant researchers
- Strategy – Engaging other areas of G-Research to influence the firm’s collective direction to fit with the future direction of quant research
- Back testing – Adding new features into our simulation pipeline when required
The core tech stack is C# and python, productionised in our own datacentres. We use the latest compiler/toolchain available – .NET Core and Python 3, deploying to Kubernetes.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities, skills, and experience:
- Collaborative working attitude with both customers and peers
- Strong drive to deploy your improvements to a live environment
- Intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer with a genuine interest in technology
- Proven ability to engineer high-quality software
- Appreciation of good architecture and engineering best practices
- Confidence to experiment with new ideas and technologies
- Financial or statistical background would be advantageous, though all backgrounds are welcome
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Lunch provided (via Just Eat for Business) and dedicated barista bar
- 30 days’ annual leave
- 9% contributory pension scheme
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Monthly company events
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply